EQ DevOps/Trading Applications Support
This contract just opened up – initial duration is twelve months with a likely extension
- FIX, Scripting Skills
- Location is New York City (mostly remote during pandemic period)
- Any Visa Status is fine
- Senior candidates needed
- Local candidates needed (likely video interview for now, but subject to change)
- Troubleshoot and maintain Electronic trading networks connectivity.
- Onboarding of clients over FIX.
- Monitoring electronic trading systems and server side software to ensure systems are working correctly.
- Identifying, troubleshooting and responding to emergency situations impacting live trading.
- Working with the vendor testing & deploying enhancements to the Equities trading systems.
- Provide support for various trading applications, research platforms and securities lending applications.
- Supporting applications that are used on the trading desks.
- Working with the traders to understand & implement client connectivity requirements.
- Install, test, deploy and upgrade software to the trading platforms (Flextrade, Ullink, Smartloan Global One, BlueMatrix, Internal Applications).
- Define test cases and scenarios for quality assurance.
- Execute test plans
- Develop test plans for enhancements & new modules of vendor provided software.
- Work with users to certify enhancements.
- Creating and maintaining a knowledge base, support scripts, documentation and procedures.
- Escalating problems pro-actively and ensure all stakeholders are kept aware of issues and their development.
- 5+ years of experience supporting and developing solutions for Equity line of business (i.e. US Market Making, ETF, Program Trading…)
- 2+ years of scripting experience (Python, Perl, Powershell, Shell)
- Experience working on a trading floor supporting mission critical applications.
- Ability to multitask several ongoing issues. This involves the ability to assess priority and make appropriate decisions quickly and effectively.
- Understanding trading activates and market data feeds.
- Good working knowledge of FIX messaging protocol.
- Proficiency in SQL for trade history inquiries.
- Experience in at least 1 of the following OMS platforms – Flextrade, Fidessa.
Nice to have Qualifications:
- Knowledge of Enterprise Scheduling(Autosys, Tidal)
- Knowledge of MQ
- Targeted systems: FlexTrade, ULLink, Bloomberg DASH, Global One, Loanet/Smartloan, BlueMatrix